Friday, November 4, 2016

Identifying a Learning Environment to Apply LEDx




I use the LEDx framework to work with a committee tasked with revising the LUCO program.  This program has been in existence for fourteen years and it is a highly regarded leadership experience for faculty and staff at UCO.  I participated in the program in 2007 and most of my employees have enjoyed the opportunity as well.  I was asked to join the revision committee and following the first meeting, I realized the project would be a great experience for my ILED assignment in course three/module 4. 

To initiate the project, I will work with Fran Petties and Ryan Kolb as they provide the primary leadership for LUCO.  The LEDx framework will help me identify needs, challenges and goals in the discovery and understand stages.  I will use the envision stage to share a model of the prospective changes with the group.  I anticipate LEDx helping to reduce time and improve the focus of the group.  In the end, Fran and Ryan will have a model to use in the build stage to make the changes needed for LUCO.

1 comment:

  1. This will be a great program for applying LEDx, Tracy. As you say, it will provide a good set of tools and processes for identifying needs and envisioning a model that can be understood, supported and used by others.

    ReplyDelete