Tuesday, August 16, 2016


One thing that really stands out to me is the heightened awareness I have now for learning environments.  When we look at the incredible variety shared in the discussion we can't help but understand that learning is taking place everywhere and all-the-time!  


I visited many museums while in Washington D.C. this summer.  The museums represented a physical space for both formal and informal learning.  With technology used in the museums, the environments provided both community and personal learning spaces and there were some areas in which a guide presented information in a synchronous format.   Other areas provided podcasts and websites that could be referenced for asynchronous learning.



1 comment:

  1. I remember when my parents drive me and my brothers across the US in 1970 on a tour of famous Civil War sites, Williamsburg, and Washington D.C. There, at the National Gallery of Art, I had my transcendent encounter with art, standing in front of Copley's painting "Watson and the Shark" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watson_and_the_Shark). I was 11 at the time, and seeing that painting opened up a new way of experiencing things.

    ReplyDelete